Sunday, May 1, 2011

NOTD: Spotted Butterfly

I wanted to try painting my nails with a butterfly design that I have been seeing all over the internet. I didn't feel like re-doing my entire mani so I just did my ring fingers on each hand. :o)


For the design, I used Kiss Nail Artist Paint and Stencil Kit which comes with black, white, and silver glitter. You can pick this up at just about any drugstore. I got mine at CVS Pharmacy and it was about $7.00. The liner brush is perfect for this type of design! I only used the black out of the kit because I'm clumsy and had broke the bottle of white a while back. Oopsies!

So, for the white, I attempted to use a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen (also available at drugstores.) I had used the pen once before a long time ago and I wasn't too thrilled with the results. But I thought I'd give it another whirl for my polka dots. I actually had to do each twice to get the coverage. Everything was fine until I added my top coat. I waited several minutes before applying it but it almost wiped of all of the white. (Note the little smear next to the 3rd dot from the left.) Boo!
I typically LOVE Sally Hansen products and this pen has been the only one I've ever been unhappy with. So to replace the dots, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White and a paintbrush. Much better! I finished all my nails off with a coat of SecheVite and voila!

2 comments: