Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NOTD: Manicure Overload!

I thought I'd share these three manicures together since aren't really anything special. I tend to use an abstract design on my ring finger when I'm in a hurry but want my nails to look decent. I've also been neglecting my cuticles and I have a few stubby nails, lol. That's the price I pay for being clumsy.

First up, we have Revlon Mon Cherry. This is one of the scented polishes and it really does smell like cherries once it dries. I thought it was cute and it wore well. Application was easy-peasy. I used SecheVite on top and I could still smell the cherry goodness so I'd dare to say that it may have a stronger scent if you leave the top coat off. For the design, I used my Kiss Nail Artist polishes again. I highly recommend them for super-quick freehand designs like this!


Next up, we have the wedding nails... T's colors were malibu blue and fuchsia so to keep up with that theme, all the girls got matching pedicures using OPI Koala Bear-y and had designs painted on using white and bright blue. When I got done at the salon, I headed over to Ulta to pick up a bottle for touch ups in case we dinged our toes-es. I did my own fingernails using the same color. I didn't want to do anything over the top so I just did the same design as before and switched out the black for blue. Simple yet pretty!



And now for the last one... while I was at Ulta, I went a lil' polish crazy and picked up a few lot of various colors that I didn't need. (including a clearanced OPI Suede that I can't wait to try!) One of my impulse buys was a bottle of OPI Skull and Glossbones. I really like this color! I've always been a fan of unique nudes/neutrals and this one is definitely a winner. I generally find that I need at least 3 coats for light colors like this but surprisingly, it only took two thin coats to get full coverage. I ended up doing a third because, again, I'm clumsy and I ended up mushing the polish on my middle finger and I tried to even it back out instead of taking it all off but you can totally see the lump in my nail, lol. Oh well!

I painted the design using a liner brush with Essie Smooth Sailing (I was trying to keep things nautical, lol) and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White. Then I made the dots using my Kiss Nail Artist black. Simple. ♥


As always, thanks for reading!
-Kim

2 comments:

  1. Oh your nails are so pretty ! so petite !
    Love the shape ! And the accent nail too :)
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks! I always feel like I'm one of the few bloggers that keeps her nails trimmed short. :o)

    ReplyDelete