Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NOTD: Rosebud (the flower, not the sled)


I tried out Orly Sapphire Silk today for the first time. Overall, it's a nice color... a muted blue with teal undertones. The name doesn't quite match the color though. I expect "sapphire" to be more of a Kate Middleton blue, not this country teal-blue shade. But I digress...


I do like how this polish looks on. It's neutral enough to be office friendly but still has a little but of fun to it. Since it was so plain, I decided to try my hand at the swirled flowers I've been seeing all over the polish blogs. I wish I could credit a particular person but I've seen so many variations of this, I can't recall who actually did theirs using the same method. (Comment and let me know if you do!)


To make my rosebuds, I used a paint brush to dot on a spot of Sally Hansen Pink Blink and China Glaze Fifth Avenue side by side. I used the same brush to swirl the two colors together in a circle. I think this might be easier to do with acrylic paint but I really don't know since I've never tried it on nails before. To finish my flowers, I added little green petals using a paint brush and China Glaze Tree Hugger. I topped it off with SecheVite and there you have it... a cute flower mani. :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment