Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Want a Second-Chance Prom

I have a confession... I never went to prom. Ever. As I was out shopping tonight, I saw a lot of teenage girls running around in their beautiful dresses with their perfectly coiffed hair and makeup and it made me feel a ping of sadness. I really regret not going!

The short version of the story is that I was rebellious teen with a wanna-be rock star of a boyfriend and he convinced me that we were just too cool to go to prom. I realize now that I missed out on a quintessential teen experience but what can I do about it? Not a lot so I thought I'd fawn over prom dresses online. :o)

I think my favorite dress out of all of these is definitely the Igigi. I love the uniqueness of the pattern and the black and white is always a winner with me. ♥ But then I had a thought... this is what I would wear if I went to prom NOW as a grown up. Ten years ago, I was a much different person... how different? This different...


I'm going to date myself here... this was back in 1999 back when 2.0MP was a high quality digital camera, lol. My wardrobe consisted of a lot of black, red and fishnet back then. If I would have actually went to prom, my dress would have looked a little more like this, I think...

Oh yeah, PVC was the business back in the day. Before I was talked out of going, I actually had picked out a similar dress at Hot Topic and planned on buying "flame" high heels to go with it. I couldn't even contemplate pulling off anything like this now days... it would just look so weird, I think. Not because of the dress but because of my personality... I'm just not that girl anymore if that makes any kind of sense, lol.

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment