Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NOTD: Dragon Scale Nails

After seeing this tutorial on Rebecca Likes Nails, I decided I wanted to give the whole gradient manicure thing a try. I really wish I had thought to take pictures of the process but alas, I wasn't that forward thinking. Oh well...


I used 2 coats of Essie Smooth Sailing for the base. Then for the gradient effect, I used OPI Dating a Royal and Essie Licorice. I did this kind of backwards... I sponged on the black first using a makeup applicator sponge and then I blended with the blue using the same sponge tip. After that, I used one coat of SecheVite to smooth everything out and on top of that, I did one coat of China Glaze Matte Magic. Once all of that was dry, I got out my new Bundle Monster plates (yay!) and used the snake skin looking pattern on plate BM215 with Sonia Kashuk Smoke and Mirrors. Here is my final result...


I think this one came out really cool (way better than the previous Avon nightmare!) and I want to try it with a different color scheme now too. I was thinking an olive green to black fade with gold snake skin would look amazing!

And one last thing, I named these my Dragon Scales Nails because they remind me of the cover on the book Eragon by Christopher Paolini. (Yes, I'm a nerd. Don't judge me. lol)


I hope you guys liked this one and as always, thanks for reading!

- Kim

8 comments:

  1. Thank you and thanks TO you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super cool! i've never seen nails like that. i'm really impressed!
    alyson--www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the dragon scales... I love how they turned out :D

    I tagged you with the Creative Blogeer Award :)
    http://wackylaki.blogspot.com/2011/05/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that would be the Creative Blogger Award (not blogeer) :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Alyson and thank you Anutka! This is my first blogger award! So awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You made it like it's almost real!

    ReplyDelete