Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Long Time, No Post!

I have been so busy lately! There's been a lot going on at the homestead. For starters, we're in the process of redoing our living room and dining room. We had water damage to our wood floors thanks to a leaky door frame. The contractor took the floor up and found there was a lot of water damage to the subfloors all around the perimeter. Low and behold, it turns out the house wasn't wrapped before the siding was put on. Ugh. That turned into A LOT of additional repairs but our new door is in and our new floors are down. Now we just have to paint.

Oooooh, shiny.

Then, in a positive turn of events, my beautiful sister-in-law and her fiance just got married on Sunday. Pete and I were in the bridal party and it was a ton of fun being a part of their day... and I just love any excuse to get all dolled up. Besides all of the festivities on Sunday, we had family events on both Friday and Saturday night as well. Pete and his sis are from a 100% Italian family, so no matter what the occasion is... you eat and eat and eat and eat. I seriously think I gained about 10 pounds over the weekend.


Me and my soon to be mister. ♥

The bride & groom with their family.


The bridal party + the groom's mom. :o)


I ♥ that guy.

These were just a few pictures snapped by friends at the wedding. I can't wait to see the ones by the professional photographers! We staged a few pretty good scenes and I hope they turn out as awesome as we all hoped.

But I think we're out of the woods for a little bit now. It'll be back in full swing come July... Pete has a cousin that's getting married. And theeeeeen, Pete and I are getting married in October! Woohoo!! I'm just a little bit excited... this has been an event that's been six years in the making!

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

P.S. -- Next post will be all nails. ;o)

2 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous! Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! :) October's not too far away. Have you started the countdown yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! I don't think I've had time to start a countdown, lol. Time has flown by so fast... I can't believe it's just five months away!

    ReplyDelete