Monday, May 2, 2011

NOTD: Keeping the Butterfly Theme Alive

I was working browsing the local news website at work today when I came across an article about rare butterflies showing up in North Carolina. I had never heard of "Olympia Marble" butterflies before so I used my handy Google skills to look them up to see what they looked like. My search led me to this adorably sweet image of a butterfly resting on a man's finger.


I have never seen a butterfly like this before and I was immediately inspired to create a mani in honor of this little guy. Maybe is was the finger/butterfly combo? I don't know but this is what I came up with...


I started with my usual base coat, Seche Clear, followed up by a coat of Zoya Gemma for the green. On top of that, I used a thin coat of Sally Hansen HD Lite creating a nice olive-y green. Then I finished it off with a coat of China Glaze Crackle in Lightening Bolt. After that dried some, I added a good 4 coats of SecheVite because I'm OCD and can't stand to feel the ridges from the crackle, haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment