Monday, May 16, 2011

NOTD: Glittery Taupe Drawer French Mani



I tried the Pure Ice polishes I got in my latest haul for this mani. The base is Top Drawer and the glitter is Spit Fire.


These are my first Pure Ice polishes and I'd say they're pretty decent for the low price point. (I paid $1.99 each for these two.) The Taupe Drawer gets good coverage, goes on smooth, and dries pretty quickly. The only thing I didn't like about the application is size of the brush... it's fairly small but that's a personal preference thing. For example, I ♥ the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri brushes but a lot of people complain that they're too big.

I really liked the colors of these in the bottle and they look awesome side by side, like they were made for each other. Once I got the polish on though, the Taupe Drawer seemed to wash me out a little bit... it has a purplish gray look to it. It's okay but not my fave. Now the glitter on the other hand, looked a lot different on my nails than it did in the bottle. It's very purplish but once out of the bottle, that's gone and there is a lot of silver, blue, and green.... still cool, but not what I expected.


I wore this mani for two days and I ended up with quite a bit of chipping by the second day. I also noticed that it peeled off in sizable pieces so before I took it off, I tried peeling back a bit and I was able to peel off almost all of the polish on my pinky nail in one piece... kind of weird.

So, I would say this is a good polish for someone who changes their polish frequently. If you're looking for longer lasting wear, I'd shy away from these and go with a higher quality brand.

Thanks for reading!
-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment