Thursday, August 25, 2011

Old Navy Jean Review!

Hey guys! I participated in another Old Navy sample from Crowdtap... they sent me a coupon for a free pair of jeans and all I had to do was go to the store and pick out the pair I wanted. I chose this amazing pair of Hi-Rise Retro Flare jeans in Senegal blue and I purchased a pair on my own in the Black Jack.


I'm a plus size girl and my figure is more apple shaped so I have a heck of a time finding jeans that fit my body comfortably and still look good. My hips and thighs are more of a size 18 while my midsection is a 22 which leads to a lot of awkward times in the fitting room, lol. I managed to walk of the fitting room with two pairs of these in a size 18... yay!

Cardigan, Button Down, Tank, and Jeans: Old Navy; Belt: Lane Bryant


Bella wanted in on the pictures again... cute puppy!

When I saw these were high rise, I was elated since that is a style that is comfortable for my body type. And then, when I tried them on, it was like a hallelujah moment and the lights shown down from heaven... aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. The denim is soft and stretchy and hugs my curves with out being too tight. The only "con" about these is that I'll have to hem them since they didn't have short length available in the store. I'm okay with that though since I'm used to the plight of the short people, lol. I'm 5'5" so I actually hem a lot of my pants so no biggie. Also, I've been wearing these all afternoon and they seem to be holding their shape really well which is another great thing... nothing worse than a saggy booty.

The backside.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, I would rate these a 9. (And that's just because I have to hem them, lol.) So, if you're like me and are apple shape, you need to check these out. They're available in store up to a size 20 and they were on sale at my local Old Navy for $19.50. The website has them listed at $29.50 to $34.50 but I would still get these even at the higher price. In fact, I'm contemplating ordering the lighter wash as we speak since they didn't have that one in store, lol.

Thanks for reading!
- Kim


4 comments:

  1. haha glad you had a haleluja moment with these, they look really good on you! :) nice pick! :)

    xo
    A_Riot
    www.thickthreads.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I always feel weird about posting full pictures of myself online... which is odd because I'm not shy about my size in person. Usually, it's the other way around, I think, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great review! these sound like the perfect jeans for me :) i'm def. going to try them out!

    *new follower alert!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. use it to your advantage. By allowing your kids to learn about what they are interested in, you are going to make learning joyous and easy.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete