Monday, August 22, 2011

NOTD: Pretty Purple Pansies

Hey guys! Before I get to the nails, I wanted get your thoughts on the new blog design. I was getting a little tired of the pale watercolor look I had going and wanted something a little bit edgier. I modeled it after my profile picture, lol. I think it's cute but I feel like it needs something else... hmmm.

Anyway, I came across this super simple tutorial by Nail Art Express and I was instantly inspired to do my own version. I love her nail art and if you aren't following her, you definitely should! She has some amazing ideas and is always willing to share what she knows.





For this mani, I used China Glaze VIII (the dark purple) and Sally Hansen Delphinium as my base colors, the flowers were done using China Glaze Spontaneous and VII, Sally Hansen Whirlwind White, and Zoya Gemma. The dots are the Whirlwind White and Essie Licorice. If I were to do this one again, I think I would make the outsides of the flowers the dark purple and the inside the light. But anywho, thanks for reading!

- Kim

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors ... like your new layout as well. I don't think it needs anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so chromatically inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout!. Your blog picture always stands out in my list too :)

    I've never used those Sally Hansen polishes, how do you feel about them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys!

    @Krissy - I love, love, love the Insta-Dri polishes... most of them are opaque in one coat and they really do set super fast. Plus, the way the brush is made, it makes it really easy to apply. It's wide and flat with a curve that just flows perfectly with the shape of my nail. I only own two of the Sally Hansen Salon polishes but I really like them a lot... they wear well, they have interesting colors, and they're not as expensive as other brands. They also have a very similar brush to the Insta-Dri polishes which is awesome. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is really cool-I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Purple is always good color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. satta king
    play bazaar When choosing your homeschooling program, consider the ultimate goal of the education you are providing your child.

    ReplyDelete