Thursday, August 11, 2011

NOTD: Kind of Like 80's Wallpaper

I picked up this cute smocked tube top at Target the other day and I was feeling inspired by the fabric pattern... it reminds me of this hideous 80's bathroom wallpaper a friend used to have at her house. I like it better on the shirt than the walls so decided to see if I could imitate it, lol. I started to freehand the design but I thought better of it and broke out my Bundle Monster plates... I went with the feather pattern on BM-214 since it was the closet thing to the palm leaves.

To get this look, I painted my nails with a base coat of Essie Smooth Sailing and then layered stamps of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blazing Blue, Pink Blink, and Brisk Blue and Essie Sand Tropez in no particular order. It was a little time consuming to do that many stamps but I needed the mental break today so I didn't mind. :o)





On a side note, if you're interested in this buying this top, you may want to check out your local Target before getting it online. Mine had these on clearance for $8.98 but the website is still selling them for $17.99 for whatever reason. I swear I will never understand why the prices vary like that, lol. But anywho... thanks for reading!

- Kim

10 comments:

  1. That's a perfect match! I love this design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it really compliments the top nicely. It's a very pretty design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute! It looks exactly like the shirt;)
    *Allie*
    www.allieinterrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured that shirt so well!
    I love this color combo... will have to bookmark it to try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super delayed comment, but SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! I would love to see pictures if your guys try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time consuming, but what a great result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it that everyone in the 80's wanted to pretend they lived in Arizona or Miami, even though they lived in say, Schenectady?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! And Barilla... best comment EVER! Such a true statement though... everyone had the horrible wallpaper and the washed out watercolor paintings in the beige plastic frames hanging over their beige leather couches. It was a troubling time in our history. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the other hand, if you plan to home school them through high school then you want to be sure that they are learning everything they need to get their GED or even to perform well on important pre-college exams like the SATs or ACTs. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete