Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NOTD: Roses for the Yankees!

This mani wasn't originally intended for the NY Yankees but since, at the time of this post, they're up 17 to 7 in the seventh inning, I decided to say it's for my boys since OPI Russian Navy is the perfect Yankees blue. :oP

I started out with just the OPI which was way too plain for my taste. (You know I can't leave well enough alone.) So I added some white flowers using Sally Hansen Whirlwind White and my large dotting tool. Then, I free-handed the green leaves using China Glaze Tree Hugger and the silver details of the flowers with Sonja Kashuk Smoke and Mirrors. The camera doesn't capture the silver that well... it's a lot more visible IRL. Then I added the polka dots using my smaller dotting tool and free-handed the white moons using Orly Pointe Blanche.

This is without any topcoat so I would have a matte finish:




I prefer the shiny look so I went back and added a top coat of Seche Vite:




So, which do you prefer? With or without the shine?

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

4 comments:

  1. Woow!! These are sooo cuuute!! I just love all these colours:D I can't believe you free handed the flowers! So beautiful! I like both the matte look and the shiny look;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your blog! It inspires me to paint my nails... a lot:)
    I'm following you! Hope you can follow me back;)
    *Allie*
    www.allieinterrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making yourself the teacher can be easily overwhelming. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete