Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adventures in Baking: Mini Donuts!

This is totally unrelated to nails but I wanted to share about this awesome Babycakes donut maker I bought. I had a 15% off coupon to Kohl's plus $20 bucks in Kohl's cash that I needed to use before it expired. I searched the store high and low for something to spend my coupon on and nothing was really appealing to me until I spotted this guy.


It was on sale for $29.99 so with my various discounts, it came out to less than $10. Sweeeet! The set comes with a couple of recipes for donuts but after browsing for more online, several people recommended using cake batter for softer, fluffier donuts. So that's what I did... and look at the yummy goodness!


I used Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Decadent cake mix and man, they super tasty... I'm ashamed to admit I've had about 5 of them with all the fixings, lol! And as an aside, Babycakes has makers for mini cupcakes, cake pops, and whoopie pies... I want to try them all.

Thanks for reading!
-Kim

6 comments:

  1. oh my, those donuts looks so yummy and adorable!

    please check out my newest nail art tutorial :) PASTEL LEOPARD PRINT
    Thanks! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this means we have to have a donut party! I'll bring the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! The maker is on sale for $18.99 RIGHT NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this was posted a while ago, but how much eggs/oil/water did you add? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. . If you plan to reintegrate them into a regular school, then your curriculum should shadow the curriculum of that school. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete