Friday, August 26, 2011

NOTD: Irene is Coming!

Unless you haven't looked at a computer or T.V. in a few days, I'm sure you've heard about Hurricane Irene that's heading up the east coast... I just happen to live in North Carolina but fortunately, I live about 200 miles inland. We're still expecting some rough thunderstorms though so I have my storm kit ready. I took this picture this morning about 11:30 and the storm clouds were already rolling in. Icky stuff!


So in honor of Ms. Irene, I went with gray and blue nails to match the storms clouds. The gray is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Wet Cement and the blue is OPI Ski Teal We Drop. I did a tape mani which I first learned about on Chloe's Nails oh so long ago. She has amazing tutorials and was one of the very first nail blogs I started following. She hasn't updated in a looong time but I hope she comes back soon... I miss her awesome designs.






I love the gray polish... the color reminds me of an elephant which means it's the prefect shade. It's an actual true gray which is hard to find sometimes since a lot of them tend to lean towards blue or brown. And at at about $3.00 a bottle, it's a great deal. :o)

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

5 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes okay! Be safe! I'm thinking about everyone on the east coast, due to being a 'survivor' of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Plus, living in South Louisiana, we get several storms a year during hurricane season.

    Btw, loved your choice of polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in virginia-but closer to the ocean! Love this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was actually uneventful in my neck of the woods yesterday which was a blessing. We had some wind and hardly any rain... our coast got beat up pretty good though. I'm praying for all my NJ/NY family and friends. This is some rough stuff! I hope you are doing good too!

    @Fingers -- How'd you fare out? I heard the Norfolk area got it pretty bad so I hope you're nowhere near there! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. satta king
    play bazaar use it to your advantage. By allowing your kids to learn about what they are interested in, you are going to make learning joyous and easy.

    ReplyDelete