Sunday, August 21, 2011

NOTD: Big Beautiful Blue Blooms

Hey guys! I swear I am addicted to these flower mani's. I did this version using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White and Blue Away and my newest Essie polish, Mesmerize which is a nice true blue. I love it! (Please ignore my worn tips and dry cuticles... I didn't get around to taking pictures until I had worn this look for a bit.)






I didn't have a specific image I was referencing for inspiration... I just knew in my mind that I wanted this to be a blue and white floral pattern like antique dishes my grandmother used to have. I was pleased with the end result but when I showed Mr. N&W this mani, he said "Oh, blueberries... that's nice." My little heart was broken, lol. So what do you guys think? Are these flowers or blueberries?

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

12 comments:

  1. Totally flowers! & They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like flowers to me. Maybe you should make some with blueberries for comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I immediately thought of a china pattern when I saw them, so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, could you paint mmy nails? :]
    Hehhe, I was wondering, how do you get the flowers to look so real and to have different shades to them?
    I've tried my way. And failed.
    Love Sarah:}
    http://distantdreamer-sarah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I even read your bit at the end, they immediately reminded me of vintage china. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys!

    @Sarah - There are soooo many flower tutorials out there and I've tried a bunch of different ways before I figured it out. I found that you just have to find the way that works for you or combine different styles and make your own way of doing it. These are actually really easy though... you can see my tutorial here: http://nailsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/2011/08/tutorial-easy-five-dot-flowers.html

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool just found your blog and am a new follower-I love these flowers! really awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS-its definitely flowers-men are useless when it comes to nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome and thank you, Fingers! I always appreciate new followers... it makes feel like I'm contributing at least a little bit of something of value to the nail blog community! Glad to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are so pretty! You did an amazing job with me...

    I am tagging you with an award :D
    http://wackylaki.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. When choosing your homeschooling program, consider the ultimate goal of the education you are providing your child. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete