Monday, April 25, 2011

NOTD: Wild Thing, I Think I Love Ya!

I love my Konad M57 plate but I have neglected to use it for a while. I decided to break her back out tonight for yet another leopard mani. I've only used wild colors with this plate so far sooo I thought I'd try something new and keep it neutral. :o)


I just kind of winged it and I really like out this turned out. I ended up using a bunch of different polishes... more than I expected. I started with my usual Seche Clear base coat followed by a coat of Essie Jazz. I topped that with China Glaze Cyberspace. (I did this since the Cyberspace takes at least a good 3 coats to get any kind of coverage.) Then I used OPI Black Onyx with the Konad stamp since it doesn't come out super dark.


Now this is where I had to get creative. I planned on using Orly Prince Charming for the accent color but it was too plain Jane brown. I needed something leaning more towards yellow or orange but I didn't have the color I needed. I have this tiny bottle of Sally Girl orange polish... I looked all over the bottle but I couldn't find a name. It's just a bright orange with mild shimmer. I made a 50/50 mix of the two to get that orangy-brown and I just used a regular detail brush to paint spots throughout the leopard print. I also find that the Bundle Monster plates make great "mixing trays"... just flip 'em over and mix away and when you're all finished, just wipe it clean with a cotton ball and some polish remover.

So that was all I did... I also just realized I used 5 different brands of polish, 6 if you count the top coat. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad, lol. Anyway, I think I'll wear my nails like this for a day or two and when I start rough up the tips, I'll go back and do a wild color french tip. I'm thinking hot pink or lime... oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment