Thursday, April 21, 2011

NOTD: Cherry Blossoms for Spring

Wooooo! It has been a looooong 4 days! I'm in North Carolina and we lost our internet when all of the bad weather came through the other day. Thankfully, my city only got heavy rains and some wind unlike the Raleigh area which is a bit further east from here. They suffered the brunt of the storms and it's just been crazy with all the relief efforts. But moving on...

I fell in love with Nail Utopia's Cherry Blossom manicure and just HAD to make my own version. I love her flowers so much! Mine's a little more neo-impressionist... my blossoms came out more round than I would have liked but it still worked and I got a ton of compliments on this one!

1. I started off with two coats of China Glaze "For Audrey." (My favorite polish! <3 )

2. Then I painted my branches using Essie "Little Brown Dress." I used a regular size zero paint brush to do this. I would recommend using a smaller brush than that to get the finer lines. My branches are kind of chunky. lol


3. After that, I dotted on spots of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Petal Pusher".


4. Then I marked the centers of the blossoms with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Flashy Fuschia" and Essie "Little Brown Dress".

5. And of course, I wasn't satisfied with all of that so I added some Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Whirlwind White" to the petal edges. I was hoping it would has some depth to the blossoms... it was just kind of meh.

6. And of course, no mani is complete without a coat or two of SecheVite. :o)

I wore this mani for two days before I started chipping and had to take it off. So sad! But that always happens when I have this much polish on my nails. And aside from that, I'm weird about my nails matching my clothes and this was a hard one to match over and over, lol. But here is a portion of my outfit from Monday... I wish I had gotten a full picture because my heels were straight up awesome!!

I wore a black tiered dress and a cropped cardigan, both from Old Navy. And then my jewelry and flower pin are all made by me cause I'm a crafty something. :o) Also, I'm going to make it my goal to actually start fixing my hair everyday... I have got to get out of this horrible rushed ponytail habit. lol

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment