Saturday, April 23, 2011

NOTD: Green Eyed Girl

I tried to do a water marble for the first time ever and I just didn't care for how it turned out. I had this whole pastel Easter themed idea going and it just ended up falling flat for me. I think my colors weren't the best choices and then my marbling was supposed to be a flower petal design. It was nowhere close! I believe it looks more Rhianna than Peter Cottontail. What do you think?


So I kept this mani on just long enough to take the picture and then I took it off. I decided since I spent a good 45 minutes on the Easter Fail, I would just do a simple one color mani and went with Zoya Gemma. This is actually the only Zoya polish I own. I have no idea why I don't have more... the color is unique and I love how it glides on so smoothly.


It has this interesting shimmer that's visible in the bottle as this sparkly purple ribbon but once painted on, its not as obvious... there's this slight purple undertone and I think it's very cool. And there's one more thing about Zoya Gemma that I find to be super spiffy...

IT'S THE SAME COLOR AS MY EYES!

Now, I just need to see if the DMV will change my eye color from green to "Gemma" on my driver's license. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment