Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Want Long Hair...

Growing up, I always had long hair. I mean LOOOOOONG hair... like almost touching my ass hair. Then when I was about 20, I had a corporate job and needed a professional look. When I was mulling over getting a new do, my ex told me if I ever cut my hair, he'd break up with me. I took that as challenge and and got it all chopped off... we broke up about a month later. (It was completely coincidental but it still amuses me none the less!)

So over the past 8 years, I've gone through a good 10 or so hairstyles from the shabob (thanks Jennifer Aniston) to the short spiky-in-the-back, long-in-the-front thing. I have no idea what that style was called but it was certainly spunky (and a pain in the ass since I HAD to style it every day or I'd look like a homeless man). Anyhow, I've been trying to grow my hair back out long off and on for the past couple of years but every time it gets to my shoulders, I get it cut off again. And now, I'm making yet another painful attempt to grow it out by October so I'll at least have something to work with for my wedding hair.

This is my current unkempt mess. Yay!

Well, recently, there was a huge fiasco involving a fraudulent Etsy seller that was on blast all over the fashion blogs. The story goes that she was purchasing wigs from China on eBay on the cheap and turning them over on Etsy at a huge mark-up claiming they were hand made. I was sad/pissed off to hear about the whole deal but I was also relieved that the truth came out because I had often browsed her wigs and almost bought one on more than one occasion. I would have been among the highly pissed off masses that this girl scammed. So with that being said, the eBay sellers where she purchased her wigs ended up getting a lot of publicity too.

I found this adorably cute wig from seller MildGreenTea-1 for $9.99 plus $13.99 shipping. I'm willing to try a wig for that price so I got it. I expected the quality to be a bit shoddy (think Halloween wing) since it was so cheap but I'm pleasantly surprised. It fits well, the color looks great, the hair is realistic looking and hangs naturally, and it's a bit heavier than I expected.



The color is a lot lighter than my hair now but it's actually closer to my natural color than the brunette I have going on now. It almost makes me want to go get my hair dyed to match the wig... maybe a new look for summer since I can't cut it off like I normally do?

Upon closer inspection, I've decided I really like this color.

I love, love, love this wig but I'm actually shy about wearing it out in public. I'm scared! lol My fiance shrugged it off as a weird Kimmy thing so I have yet to get a real opinion from someone. To wear it out or not to wear it out... that is the question.

Hmmmmmm....

1 comment: