Saturday, September 24, 2011

NOTD: Grasslands

Hey guys! I was playing ball with Bella Roo yesterday and my nail on my pointer finger sustained a critical break. She got really excited and tried to grab the ball out of my hand. It was was the perfect storm of puppy teeth, a tennis ball, and a 3 day old manicure... there was nothing I could do to save it. So, I ended up cutting back all my nails since there was such an extreme difference in the lengths... broke my heart. :o(

It's a wee nubbin!

Oh well, what can ya do? So anyways, I've seen several new takes on stamped zebra and tiger manicures in the past few days and I have to say, I'm a fan! I think my fave has to be this gorgeous number from That's So Fresh... I love the effect the layering created. So being inspired and with my conveniently shorter nails that make for easy stamping, I created my own version.






I used OPI Skull and Glossbones for my base color. Then I sponged on OPI San Tan-tonio, China Glaze Westside Warrior, and Orly Luxe in random spots. After that, I stamped on the zebra print using Essie Licorice with the Konad M57 plate. I started to use a white polish for my base but I wanted the look to be more earthy and fall-ish... I'm definitely glad I did!

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

8 comments:

  1. That looks great1 I've never tried sponging but you definitely seem to have the hang of it. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sponge effect, it goes really well with the zebra print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have those sponges, think of all the zebra mayhem I could apply to my minis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys!

    @Chris: we should konad experiment on a space marine... like the Death Leopards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must occur! We should do it this weekend and eat chicken wings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new banner, it reminds me of the Bewitched logo. Was that your inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just because you follow a curriculum from another source, does not mean you must follow it to the letter. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete