Thursday, September 22, 2011

NOTD: Licorice Disco Ball

Hey guys! After I made Puttin' on the Glitz, I officially caught the franken bug... I just could not wait to make another one! Sooo, I'd like to introduce you to Licorice Disco Ball: a black jelly polish with a holographic glitter. So shiny!






For Licorice Disco Ball, I actually started out with a half-full bottle of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Clearly Quick top coat as my base. I added OPI Black Onyx bit by bit until I got the black jelly polish to depth I wanted... if I had to guess, I would estimate it was about 1/2 a teaspoon. Then I added a dash of Fantasy Makers Confetti glitter in Glitz and shook it all up. And voila... it's a Licorice Disco Ball!

At one coat, it's transparent enough to use as a layering polish and at two I could still see my nail line but it still looked okay. I used three out of personal preference for a nice opaque look. I like this one better than my previous franken. I used a lot less glitter so the finish is much smoother which is nice... it only took 1 thick coat of seche vite to smooth out the surface.

So what do you guys think? Have you caught the franken bug yet?

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

4 comments:

  1. And there shined the shiny daemon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I comment on all your blog posts, but you don't comment on my blog posts regularly. What you too good for my nerd blog? Is that it? Sorry to all you blog bystanders that had too see this sibling rivalry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tellin' mom! muahahahaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. satta king
    play bazaar There are often going to be parts of a curriculum that do not suit your child's learning style or schedule.

    ReplyDelete