Friday, July 8, 2011

Old Navy Decorated Tanks via CrowdTap!

If you haven't heard of Crowdtap, you're missing out. I started using their site via Facebook and it's really interesting (and rewarding!) Essentially, they put the consumer in contact with businesses. You can tell companies what you think about their products, discuss topics on threads, and answer "Quick Hits" which are survey questions about products, businesses, and services you may or may not use all in order to gain points, samples, and even cash. The best part is that you can do it at your leisure unlike some other survey sites. I can answer one question or if I'm bored outta my skull I can sit there and click until I run out of questions to answer.

One company that likes to poll the masses on CrowdTap is Old Navy. Anyone who knows me in person knows that I pretty much LIVE in Old Navy clothes. I would even estimate that a good 80% or so of my clothing comes from their stores. It's that serious, lol. Recently, they offered a sampling of their decorated tanks to try out. I signed up and they mailed me four coupons for a free tank top (one for me and three to share). As soon as I got my coupon in the mail, I headed straight to Old Navy to pick out my new top. Here she is:

I chose the Frosty Peach version because, well, I just adore anything pale with ruffles on it! It also seemed to be the most versatile of the designs. (The Plummy Mummy came in at a close second though!) The picture really doesn't do it justice! The ruffles are so light and airy looking in person.

If you would, please pardon my craptastic picture quality, lol... it was already dark when I got a chance to take some pictures but I wanted to share some of my outfit ideas. (Also, blogger kills my photo quality when I upload anything that's not a close up... if any of you ladies know how to counter that, please let me know! You'd be my hero forever!~) Anywho, on to the outfits.

Work Ready
(Bella wanted to be a part of my pic! ♥)
Pants-Lane Bryant; Cardigan-Target; Necklace-Kenneth Cole; Shoes-Thrifted


Dinner Party
Tulip Skirt-Target; Shoes-Forever21; Bag-Gifted; Necklace-Express; Cuff - eBay


Girl's Night Out
Jeggings-Target; Vest-Old Navy; Shoes-Forever21; Belt-Ashley Stewart; Earrings-Thrifted

My only complaint about this top is the length of the straps. They seem a bit long and I had to keep checking to make sure my 'girls' weren't hanging out. When I wore it to work today, I put on a sports bra underneath to make sure I didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions, lol. It was still cute and I got a couple of compliments on it but I think I'll hem the straps up an inch or so when I get a chance. Overall, its a cute top, sturdy construction, and easy to style. I'd definitely buy this on my own but I'd like to thank Old Navy for providing it to me! I can't wait to see what my girls pick and what outfits they come up with!~

Thanks for reading!
-Kim



2 comments:

  1. i love old navy too!
    but i have the same problem with the straps always needing to be hemmed
    and recently i am having trouble with the XS being too big!
    and i am not an XS in ANY other store than old navy... how do tiny girls wear clothes from old navy??! im usually medium!

    and i wear like 12 in their jeans. lol. i'm disproportionate i guess!

    i was there today and got some capris and a tshirt and shorts for $40! the shorts were on sale for $7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... They are sized way big for sure. I can squeeze into the XXL at most stores but at ON I tend to size down to the XL or even a L on some things. That's saying something for someone who generally wears a size 20.

    ReplyDelete