Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NOTD: Chartreuse Shatter

I feel like I have been such a bad blogger as of late... I haven't had the time to take pictures and post my manicures the past couple of weeks like I normally do. After we got back from New Jersey, my mister's grandfather passed away so we had to pack back up and go right back to Newark for the funeral. It was so sad but we're very thankful we got to see him the prior weekend. Sorry for the Debbie Downer moment... on to the nails!

So after keeping my nails just plain old pink for a week, I needed something a little more fun and wild. I had picked up a bottle of Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Chartreuse Chase on clearance from Target a couple weeks ago and this was the perfect time to try it out. After that, I just added some OPI Black Shatter in a random design to liven it up a bit.




This was my first time using the OPI Shatter... I've been solely a China Glaze Crackle girl up until now. I have to say, the application of the OPI is a lot smoother than the China Glaze but it doesn't shatter as nicely in my opinion. I don't think most people would really be able to notice a difference though... just us polish obsessed girls would be.

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

3 comments:

  1. Really impressive first use of Black shatter!;) Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i like how this looks, I have done the shatter in an angle before but i had not thought about mixing it this way ... very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your recent loss :-(

    Great manicure though! I've only ever tried Barry M crackle paint and I like the effect it creates.
    I've given you an award on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete