Thursday, June 9, 2011

NOTD: Well, That's Different

I know I've vented here before about how hard it is for me to grow my nails out. They're thin, I'm violent on my hands... it just turns out bad. And as of late, my 'peelies' have been out of control. I've tried ridge fillers, hardeners, treatments, etc... all to no avail.

Well, I was venting about this to a friend and she suggested I get acrylics but I've never been a fan them. Most of the girls I know that have them done at salons, have these THICK square nails and that just isn't my style. Then she suggested I try gel tips instead since they look more natural. So I threw caution to the wind and decided to give them a whirl. I couldn't see spending the money to have it done at a salon so I picked up a box of Cosmar Quik Nails at CVS. The kit was only $9.99 and seemed simple enough since it's a brush on system. I also figured if I really didn't like them, I wouldn't have too much money invested in them.

I didn't take pictures of the process since I didn't really know what I was doing yet. (I was busy making sure I followed the directions.) It was actually pretty simple... it was literally as easy as putting on stick-on nails.

Now on to my paint job! While I was at CVS, I checked out the polishes of course. To my surprise, they had the Essie french collection on clearence for 50% off. I picked up the last two bottles they had: Sand Tropez and French Affair. I also got a bottle of Mink Muffs since I needed a good light brown. I wanted to do cherry blossom nails again so I used the last two polishes plus OPI Mermaid's Tears and Orly Terra Mauve.





I'm trying to get used the length... I feel awkward and my delete key is getting worn out! Overall, I like them but I don't know how long I'll try keep them. I just have a feeling one of these nails will meet a terrible fate in a desk drawer or cabinet door...

Thanks for reading,
- Kim

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the gels.Your nails look terrific,and I love your cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete