Monday, June 13, 2011

NOTD: Country Chic Water Decals

If you remember, a month or so ago, I had bought some water decals off eBay. I used them once, tossed them into the bottom of my polish drawer, and forgot about them. That was until last night when I had a bit of an epiphany. My nails are long now thanks to the gel tips and I have plenty of length to get a better view of the decal image.

I had two sets left to pick from: the purple stripes or the mint green floral. Well, you guys know I love florals and I love pale greens and blues so the choice was a no-brainer.


I love the country chic look of this. It sort of reminds me of home. When I was a kid, my mom went against the grain of what was popular and always decorated our home with a country flare... lots of lace, wood grain, and floral prints in powder blues and mauves. I also remember a lot of wooden ducks and farmhouse pictures, but I digress. The decals came out beautifully and were a breeze to put on.



Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the "accident." Remember when I said it was only a matter of time before one of my tips met a tragic fate? Well, it didn't take long. On Saturday, in a traumatic event involving my fiance's car door, I broke off the nail on my pointer finger on my left hand (which is the one I take pictures of. Double oh no!) I performed emergency surgery and I was able to reattach it. I buffed down the fault line where it broke off and added a coat of the gel overlay. I'm glad to say you can't even tell it happened. Otherwise, the wear of the gel tips has been amazing even through multiple polish changes. And now that I'm fairly used to the long nails, they actually feel pretty natural to me. :o)

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

4 comments:

  1. That is super pretty! I haven't used decals before...I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sooooo pretty! It makes me want to buy some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I just found this post again! I love these. I really need to purchase some decals! Between you and 'Another Bottle of Polish?!" these decals are getting more and more tempting.

    ReplyDelete