Saturday, June 4, 2011

NOTD: Roses For Audrey

Hi everyone! I'd like to say hello to all of my new followers... I had about 10 of you pop up since I last posted so welcome and thanks for reading my little corner of the blogosphere. :o)

For this manicure, I followed a super simple YouTube tutorial from Cute Polish on how to paint vintage roses. You can view her vid here. (On a side note, I love the style of her tutorials... they're so professional and clear!) But anywho, on to my nails...


For my version, I used from left to right: OPI Jade is the New Black, China Glaze For Audrey, Sally Hansen Pink Blink and Rapid Red. I also got to try out one of my new brushes and a dotting tool.


I don't know about you guys, but I have a really hard time painting my dominant hand sometimes, especially if the design is complicated. This one however is really easy to do and I was able to pull the look off perfectly on both hands.


I also wanted to share the cutest thing ever with you guys. I always close my self off away from everyone in our guest bathroom when I paint my nails (mostly because my fiance HATES the way nail polish smells.) Well, the dogs got too quiet for comfort so I came out to check on them and see what in the heck they were up to. This is what I found...

SPOON!

Is that not some cuteness right there? These two have been trying to kill each other all week! The white one goes back home tomorrow and FINALLY, now that it's time for her to leave, they're snuggle buddies, lol. Story of my life!

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

8 comments:

  1. I saw that video on YouTube, I follow her channel. :) Your nails turned out lovely. I literally LOL'ed when I saw the picture of the dogs. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a great job on the manicure :) And your dogs are really cute!

    http://thechainnail.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out very pretty! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! I'm a sucka for flowers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This design is soooo pretty!!! They're so neat and beautiful:D I LOVE your doggies;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good!!
    I doubt I would have the precision to master it, I struggle to paint my nails one colour but you have definitely inspired me to give it ago.

    ReplyDelete