Sunday, June 12, 2011

NOTD: Ready for WAAAGH!

That's ork for "war".

Fair warning, this post is nerd intensive... my apologies ladies, lol. My brother asked my to help him set up a blog yesterday so he could display some of his awesome Warhammer miniatures. (Warhammer is a table top wargame that uses miniature figures that represent soldiers on the battlefield.)

If you're feelin' froggy, check out his blog Sippin' On Paint Water. He is soooooo talented! I've always been impressed with art work and he can customize pieces like a pro. So, to welcome my little bro to the blogosphere, I did an ork manicure is his honor. Yeah, I roll like that. lol




I don't think any of you guys would try to duplicate this, but just in case or if you're curious about what I used, here it is.


Left to Right: China Glaze Solar Power, China Rouge, Zombie Zest; Essie Licorice; Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White

To do the ork face, I just blended the green, black, and white and layered it as I went. I should have made his top lip longer but oh well, I was not going to go back and redo it. It took me a good ten minutes the first time, lol.

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

6 comments:

  1. Wooow! This is a little bit scary but the details are great;p Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thank you! My brother loved it too... he thought it was hilarious that I actually painted my nails like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaagh! Good god ya'll! What is it good for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely nothin'. Ha! Uggh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great work! Did you use the horrid in-bottle brushes or something else?

    I did some 40k fingernails for my daughter, but used acrylics, a decent brush, and an enamel sealer. They didn't last more than a few days.
    http://hakomike.blogspot.com/2010/12/40k-fingernails.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used standard detail brushes... I can barely paint my nails with the in-bottle ones, lol.

    ReplyDelete