Thursday, March 31, 2011

Life Happens :o)

Wow! It's been a whole two weeks since I last posted! I have good reason(s) though; I've been a busy little bee busting my booty between my job and home life. So where to begin.... I guess I'll just work my way up the list saving the best for last.

1. This is really scary but interesting none the less... I happen to live near an airport and we constantly have planes flying over our house. It's an all day, every day thing so I don't pay them much mind anymore. Well how about a little plane crashed into a house a street over from where I live. None of the 5 people in the house were injured but both people on the plane died. Very sad. :o(

2. Moving on to happy things... I have coworker who will be having a bouncing baby boy in May and her shower is this weekend. She's registered at Babies R Us so I popped in the other day to pick up a few things for the baby. And I'll tell you, nothing makes a chubby girl more self conscience than realizing she is in the middle of a baby store wearing a baggy pink polka dotted, empire waist tunic carrying around bottles and pacifiers. I was just waiting for some old lady to ask me when my baby is due. I spent a lot of time sucking in my gut and standing up straight, lol.

3. Then... my sister-in-law is getting married in May and her best friend is coordinating the shower all the way from her home in New Jersey. She's delegated some things for me to do here in North Carolina to get ready and being the crafting perfectionist that I am, I have spent several nights working on these assignments after work. They're coming along great and I'm really excited. It's going to be super cute and a lot of fun. I'd post pictures of my ingenious creations but I don't want to ruin the surprise in case the sis-in-law looks at my bloggity blog. :o)

4. As most of you know, I have an Etsy store where I have a bunch of jewelry and pins for sale. I can not sell that stuff online to save my life but in real life, I make sells all the time. With that being said, I've been accepted into the K'vill Indie Flea which is a local arts and crafts show held weekly in Kernersville, NC. I have to get my supplies together to set up a booth and all that jazz. And in addition to the Indie Flea, I'm going to be selling my wares at Scissor Hands Salon and GOSSIP Boutique, also in K'ville. Their grand opening will be this Saturday night with door prizes, live music, and all sorts of cool stuff. So exciting!~

Aaaaand number 5! (This is the biggie, by the way!) Pete and I have been busy working with our wonderful wedding planner and we have officially and finally set a date for the wedding. I will be getting married on April 14, 2012. (yaaaaay!) The reception will be at Revolution Mill Studios which is absolutely gorgeous. It used to be a cotton mill (hence the name) and it's been reinvented to an amazing event venue. I love that they kept all of the original wood work. There are giant pine columns and antique maple floors and to top that off, there is a lot of brick and iron work giving it a very vintage/urban feel that just makes me melt.


In addition to finally getting the date/venue piece of the wedding hashed out, we also hired our photographer. We will have the wonderful and talented William Mahone capturing all of the moments for us. Very cool, indeed.

So yeah, I've been busy. Hopefully, I will fall into some sort of routine and will be able to have a little more ME time but we'll see. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment