Thursday, March 3, 2011

NOTD: Cybertronic Spring

This years weather has been confusing me to death. I don't know if I need to go ahead and switch out my summer/winter clothes or wait a little bit longer. Just to put things into perspective of how odd things are, it has been in the 60's and 70's this past week but at this time last year, we had SNOW and lots of it!

It seems that I'm not the only one confused by the unseasonably warm temps. I have tulips and flowers popping up in my yard and while I was walking outside at work today, I noticed the trees are starting to bloom.

These trees are absolutely gorgeous when the buds turn into flowers. They get these beautiful cotton candy pink blossoms on them and after a few days, the petals start to fall away and coat the ground... it's just an amazingly scenic sight!

But enough about the weather! Last night, I didn't have a lot of time to work on my nails so I decided to try a quick coat of the China Glaze Cyberspace I bought yesterday. I ended up using 3 coats and a top coat of SecheVite. I took pictures outside to see if I could capture the holo effect but I think I waited too late. The sun was already starting to set so it didn't get the full effect. The holo in this particular polish is very subtle so if you're looking for something that is truly holographic à la OPI Paris Couture for Sure, this one may be a disappointment. Personally, I like the overall look... it has a nice neutral metallic appearance so it's fun but I won't get weird looks at the office. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment