Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wedding: Taffeta Bridal Shrug

After looking at bridal shops trying to find some sort of "cover-up" to wear with my wedding dress, I came to the conclusion that I was not going to find what I wanted at a chain store. I wanted something unique but still elegant and flattering. I searched Etsy for something and I came across this beautiful Dorethea Shrug made by Countessa. I fell in love with every single one of her items but I knew this one would best match my dress' style.


I was a little concerned about ordering something like this over the internet but Countessa was a pleasure to work with. I made a special request for white taffeta so it would be the same fabric as my dress and she promptly sent me a swatch to make sure it met my approval. Then she took my measurement via email and created this wonderful custom piece. I was thrilled to receive it in the mail yesterday... everything about it is perfect... the sleeve length, the back, the ruffles. I love it!

On a side note, I'm generally comfortable with myself, chubb and all, but one thing that I have always had issues with is the dreaded back fat. I hate, hate, HATE seeing pictures of myself where I have that little roll bulging out over the top of a tight tank or tube top. Call me weird but it bugs me to death so I love the fact that the shrug hides that without hiding everything else.

Anywho, I'm just really excited about getting the dress and shrug together. My dress should come in a few weeks and I can't wait to pair the two together to see the final look. Now I I just need to get my under garments, shoes, and a veil. Oh the decisions!




2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm getting married in November and I ordered from Countessa also. She is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete