Thursday, February 24, 2011

Torrid Tortures Me with Cuteness!

I found myself browsing clothes on Torrid and I found this amazingly cute skirt. I want it a lot! I just LURVE smart looking clothes that I can wear to my office without violating the dress code but are still youthful and fun. This little red number would definitely qualify!


I was thinking about ordering it but it's still out of my price range for what I'm willing to spend on a simple skirt. I'll have to wait until it goes on sale or even better, when it goes on CLEARANCE! (I love that word!) Aside from the price, I have honestly never bought anything from Torrid so I'm iffy on their sizing and what not.

A friend of mine gave me a dress from there that's a size 20 which is what I normally buy but this one is rather loose fitting and I worry about "the girls" falling out of the top which is definietly a problem I am NOT accustomed to! And to confuse me even more, I checked out their size chart and based on measurements, I should order a 24/26. So yeah, I really have no idea what size to get and I really don't want to go to their brick and mortar store here! It's at the scary mall where people get shot and kidnapped. (No joke, that place is a safety hazard!)

So what are your experiences with Torrid? Is their sizing typical and my dress is just a fluke or should I adhere to the size chart and order the bigger sizes?

Lots of love!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Their sizing is huge. I can wear a size 18-20 skirt from them and I normally wear 22-24.
    But... a word to the wise, their clothes all seem to be made of static cling. I have a great skirt of the same style but different material from Old Navy that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete