Saturday, February 26, 2011

NOTD: All Cracked Up!

I've been really curious about the crackle nail polish that's been so popular as of late but I haven't seen it at ANY stores in my area, not even Ulta had it. So I finally hunted some down on eBay and ordered. I try not to order things like nail polish via eBay since I've heard so much about "knock-offs" being passed as the real deal. I just got tired of waiting and figured that if it sucked, I'd be out a whole $7 bucks. So on to the polish...

I finally got out the real camera to take some picture and yes,
my bathroom walls are the same color as the polish. It's not an illusion!

I had only seen the crackle in black until China Glaze posted some of their new colors on their Facebook page. The moment I saw Crushed Candy I knew I had to have it. It's almost identical to For Audrey which is my all time fave China Glaze polish. Love it!

For the "under" color, instead of the typical black I keep seeing used, I decided to use the mini Ulta polish I got in my free make-up kit last week. It's called Dance Teal Dawn and works marvelously with this shade of the crackle polish... it's like a little nail polish earth quake happened and you can see all the fault lines! Here is my handy work...


I really, really like the ease of this mani... it's a lot of effect for minimal effort. I used a base coat of Seche Clear, then I painted 2 coats of Dance Teal Dawn, followed by a single coat of the Crushed Candy Crackle. The crackle appears amazingly quick... it amused me thoroughly to watch the cracks and lines appear! Then after a couple of minutes, I sealed it all in with a coat of Seche Vite. Here are my left and right tips for comparison.

As always, click to bigify the picture for more detail.

I honestly love, love, LOVE this polish and I think will order some of the other colors, especially Black Mesh and Lightening Bolt. They just look so awesome!

So have you tried the crackle polishes? If you have, do you prefer a certain brand or do you have any great tips, tricks, or ideas you'd like to share?

And on a final note, I realized I totally match the bathroom today. Oops!



No comments:

Post a Comment