Monday, February 28, 2011

NOTD: Funky French Manicure

I came across the wonderful blog Chloe's Nails by fellow polish addict Erika. She has some really great (and easy to follow) tutorials. I absolutely LOVE her Funky French Manicure and I was amazed at how easy it was to do! I also added some Konad stamping for a little extra flair as inspired by That's So Fresh. I got started by getting my supplies together...


To copy this mani, you will need:
  • Essie Jazz
  • OPI Black Onyx
  • base coat/top coat
  • good old fashioned Scotch tape
  • Bundle Monster plate BM20
  • Konad Stamper set
I painted my nails with Seche Clear base coat and then 2 coats of Essie Jazz. (This polish has to be my absolute favorite neutral color!) Then I added a layer of SecheVite top coat. After that, I played Angry Birds on my phone for ten minutes while it dried and then I proceeded to use Erika's instructions for the scotch tape. I used the OPI Black Onyx as my second color. Once aaaaaaall of that was done, I added the designs to my ring fingers using the Bundle Monster BM20 plate and sealed it all in with a final coat of SecheVite.

It seems like it would take a long time but it took me about 30 minutes total including the 10 minutes of Angry Birds/dry time... not bad at all!


Please ignore my hideous cuticles... I need to fix that. And definitely follow Erika's advice about working quickly with the tape. I hesitated on the first nail and my line turned out a bit wonky. That's okay though...

Click to bigify, friends!

I really had fun doing this mani and I want to try other colors... I have them all planned out in my head! I'm tempted to redo them again but it's been less than 24 hours since I painted them. I think I need to try let a mani last at least 2 days or so before painting again. We'll see how long I can hold out...

No comments:

Post a Comment