Monday, October 25, 2010

A Tea Party

A co-worker of mine has a yearly tradition of celebrating her daughter's birthday with a tea party at the O'Henry Hotel. They have a gorgeous tea room that's so whimsical and completely different than anything else around. Last year, I was asked to make themed invitations for the party and they were adorable! I opted to make teapot shaped invites with the actual written invitation attached to the lid so that it would slide out when the teapot was opened. They took forever because everything was cut by hand but they were so worth it! I just loved the look on my co-workers face when I gave them to her and I think that's what makes me happy about my art/crafts. The joy it brings people! But to get back on subject... take a look at the teapots! Cute right?




The cards from last year were such a hit, my co-worker asked me to make her invites again this year. (A new tradition in the works, maybe?) I actually had some of the paper left from last years project so I was able to make the teacups match the teapots... perfect!




These were surprisingly less tedious to make than the teapots and I actually made them from start to finish in a single afternoon. I should have made a tutorial on how I made them but I honestly didn't even think of it until Pete fussed at me to take pictures of the final product. And yes, I have my own personal fan club in my house! :oP Until next time!





3 comments:

  1. How pretty! I have been wanting to host a tea party for my little girl... this will make a great invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much... I would love to see other crafter's versions of this! Post pics! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say "Thank you so much" for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I agree anthro's version did look like a second grader did it! lol But, thank you for stopping by my blog, and please come again. I absolutely love your tea party cards. They are so beautiful. I make cards, too, so I can appreciate all the work you put into them.
    Jane
    jneesnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete