Friday, October 8, 2010

Super-Awesome Wedding Guest Frock

This Sunday, two of my wonderful friends are getting married to each other. I'm really excited about them taking the plunge and as an added perk, I love any excuse I can get to buy a dress and new shoes. I mean, what girl doesn't, right? So I went shopping this morning and the retail stars must have been aligned because I only went to two stores before I found the perfect frock and heels. Check it out!


I went to Dress Barn Woman to see what kind of stuff they had. I had actually never been to one before... I just felt weird about buying clothes from somewhere with "barn" in the name. (please don't tell me I was alone in that thinking! lol) But I'm glad I went because the first and only dress I tried on was perfect. I'm a plus size girl so that never happens! I was stoked because there was no trying on 20 different things before settling on something just because it looked decent. I mean, this dress doubled my confidence level just by putting it on so I just had to buy it even though it wasn't on sale. I shelled out the full $59.99 for her but it's totally worth it. I justified spending that much on a single dress with the reasoning that I can wear it to the wedding, cocktail parties, out on a girls night and even to the office with a jacket or cardigan. So yay for me!

I'm loving this fabric!


Now a smart looking dress like this can't go with just any shoe so I headed over to DSW. I only allow myself to go there when I "need" shoes because seriously, I would buy their entire stock if I could. I always head straight to the clearance section because I'm cheap thrifty like that. I found an awesome pair of Madden Girl Kandel Pumps. They are so freaking cute, I can't stand it. They were only $32 and change after the sales tax was added.



So after all was said and done, I spent about $100 total which is a lot for me but I think the look was well worth it. We'll have to see how the pictures come out on Sunday... I can't wait!



UPDATE!
They had a photo wedding booth! Cutest idea ever!


So you know we had to go straight gangster! :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment