Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial: Save the Tatas Card

This past Valentine's Day, I made a lot of these... um, boobie cards and the girls at my office just LOVED them! They're a cute and quirky salute to the female form and they make great Valentines, bridal shower or girl's night out invites. Not to mention, they are really simple to make and although this isn't an in-depth tutorial, I thought I'd share how I made them in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.



I started off by making a 5 x 7 template for my design. To do this, I used the largest circle from my Spellbinders Nestabilities set to out line the shape of the bosom by drawing two circles overlapping a little. Using the dies themselves to do this will make it easier when you go to make the brassiere. From the outer edge of each circle, I drew a diagonal line to the top of the card. Once your shape is finished, cut it out and viola: boobies!

Yes. It says "Boobie Template" on it. Don't judge me. lol

Next, I used a piece of flesh colored 10 x 7 card stock folded in half to make a 5 x 7 card. Place your template on top of the folded card and lightly trace the shape using a pencil so you can erase any lines that might remain. Cut it out and now you have the base of the card.


To make the brassiere, simply pick the color you want and cut out a circle using the aforementioned die. Cut the circle in half and attach one piece to each side of your base. Now you're ready to decorate and this truly a free for all. Get creative and don't be shy! Feathers, sparkles, ribbons, vinyl, gems, stamps... you can be WILD or GLAMOROUS! Just have at it!









4 comments:

  1. I love these, what if you don't have the nestabilities? Do you have another way to make them? I am now a follower of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bevy! I would just use something circular to trace the shape of "the girls". Then I would use the same thing to make a circle and cut it out by hand and then in half. I'm notorious for stealing lids off of jars in the kitchen to use as templates... lol. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! What a great Valentine card to give to my husband. Thanks for the idea. Ciao db:)

    ReplyDelete