Monday, September 20, 2010

Thrift Store Treasures: Vintage Books

One of my favorite things to pick up when I go thrifting at the local Goodwill store (besides super-cute vintage clothes of course) are vintage books. Today I picked up a book from the 1976 edition of Childcraft.



Do you remember the Childcraft books from when you were a kid? I think they came along with World Book Encyclopedias but I'm not sure. I just remember my parents getting both sets at the same time for me and my siblings. I have fond memories of toting around my Childcraft books, admiring the drawings and memorizing each of my favorite rhymes and stories, and reading them to my little brother.


On a side note, vintage books have so many uses besides the obvious good read or decorative focal point. I personally like to cut out words and images to incorporate them into my cards and scrap booking projects but there are many talented artists on Etsy doing so much more with them! If you visit the site, you can find items for sale ranging from art work directly on the pages to paper structures made from them. Here are a few of my favorite finds...

Original Art Printby DeadpanAlley

Paper Sculpture by Julie Kim


Paris Today by TerrorDome

No comments:

Post a Comment