Monday, September 20, 2010

Sewing... Almost.

I've never been very good at sewing. Really. I made a pillow and pair of pajama shorts in home ec about 15 years ago. The pillow was okay but the shorts were dreadful. My stitches were lose and the shorts were completely lopsided and that was before I even washed them. Sadly, they didn't make it out of that wash in one piece. I gave up the ol' needle and thread after that.

Fast forward to now and I've really been impressed by a lot of the sewing projects I've seen on the blogs. So much so, I was inspired to give sewing another try. I bought a cute little sewing machine at Big Lots today for $14. I figured if the thing sucked or if I didn't fair too well with the whole sewing thing, it was no big loss.

Well look what I made out of an old shirt and some felt! I have to admit I'm a bit proud of my little coaster. Call me lame but I like it, lopsided corners and all! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment