Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nail Polish Obsession

I came across a blog called My Simple Little Pleasures by a super talented lady named Colette. I was instantly inspired by her nail art and the array of beautiful colors and impressive patterns. She also introduced me to something I had never even heard of before. She often uses a technique called marbling which is amazing and I have yet to try it on my nails but wow! I love it!

So with a bit of inspiration to guide me, I've picked up painting my nails regularly since it's fun again. I also discovered Konad stamps via Colette's blog. This product may be old news to a lot of ladies but it was all new to me! I ordered a stamper and a stamping plate off of eBay and got to work. All I can say is that this has to be the coolest nail art tool ever invented. I've only tried a few manicures but I get tons of compliments on them. Here are a few that I have done in the past couple of weeks. (Pardon the poor photo quality... the pics were taken at random using my cell phone!)





I only have one plate so far... the Konad Plate M57. I absolutely LURVE the zebra and leopard print! I wish I had taken a picture of my leopard mani but I neglected to do so. But I will say metallic hot pink, black, and silver make a great combo! Here's the plate of awesome awesomeness...



So that's my new obsession for the moment. I've even ordered more plates and I can't wait for them to arrive so I can try them all out. So until next time, happy crafting (or polishing)!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the polish addiction :D and thanks for the heads up on where to find the polish on My
    Simple Little Pleasures blog :D And l Love Konad plates to!! My collection is growing hehehe

    ReplyDelete