Saturday, July 2, 2011

Coming Soon: Freedom and Fireworks

I'm still rockin my "Black and Woo" nails but I'm planning on changing them tonight to something a little more Red, White, and Blue for the 4th. I had a couple of ideas floating around in my head so I grabbed a color wheel to test them out before I did anything on my own nails. Here's the wheel.


Some are awesome, some are neat, some are edgy, and some make me say "What the eff was I trying to do with this one?" For the colors, I used various combinations of OPI Dating a Royal, Salley Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red and Whirlwind White, China Glaze China Rogue and Hologram, China Glaze Crackles in Platinum Pieces, Tarnished Gold, and Lightning Bolt, Zoya Jules, and Kiss Nail Artist Silver Glitter. Yeah, it was a lot.

I found that putting the color wheel in my scanner worked a lot better for me than than trying to photograph them, lol. I also circled the ones I liked the best and gave them names 'cause I'm a dweeb like that. Now I just have to pick what I want to do...

Here are the names and a brief explanation of each:

  1. "Old Glory" for obvious reasons.
  2. "Olympic Gold" Seriously, it look like something the gymnastics team should be wearing!
  3. "Liberty Bell" since it's all cracked up.
  4. "American Abstract" because of the random paint strokes.
  5. "Old Picket Fence" I know that's a stretch but my mind works in mysterious ways. When I think of the Fourth, I think of BBQ's in backyards surrounded by... white picket fences! This one happens to be old so the paint is cracking off. Don't question it!
So what do you guys think? Which design do you like best or what could make them better? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!~

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

P.S. -- I think this post is a clear sign that I have WAY too much time on my hands! lol

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm I like the rustic American Flag under number three and number four the most. The flag would look cute as an accent nail and four would look great all over. Can't wait to see what decide to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look good but I like number four best. Make sure not loose any when you start playing with fireworks.

    ReplyDelete