Thursday, June 30, 2011

NOTD: Black and Woo!

Okay, there's a slightly amusing story behind the name of this blog-post. I was cropping my pictures and I was thinking aloud to myself:

I need to think of a clever name for this manicure...

My fiance overheard my rambling and came peeking over my shoulder to see what I was working on. He stood there for a moment, frozen in silence as he looked at my picture and thought about it. Then, out of nowhere, in his best possible movie trailer voice, he blurted out "Black and Woo." I decided to roll with it, lol.




So for my "Black and Woo" manicure, I used Essie Licorice as my base. The silver glitter with the big flecks is from Forever 21. It's simply called Silver Rose Petal Nail Polish but I absolutely love it! The glitter reflects every color of the rainbow and it's so eye catching... I really wish the pictures did it justice. Then to finish my design, I just ran a line of silver Kiss Nail Artist polish along the edge of the Forever 21 polish and sealed it all in with coat of Seche Vite. Super simple and easy to do.


Here's a slightly blurry picture to try and capture the colors in the sparkles.

Thanks for reading!
- Kim

3 comments: