Sunday, July 8, 2012

NOTD: Gilty Pleasure

Hey guys! I hope you all had a happy and fun 4th of July. Other than dinner at my in-laws, the hubby and I didn't do anything exiting to celebrate since the holiday fell mid-week. We both had to go back to work on Thursday unlike a lot of my friends so, I've just been sitting here envious of all their beach vacation photos they've been posting on facebook ever since. It's okay though... I have spiffy nails that I was able to paint in all my free time.

 
So for this manicure, I did a variation of the blue ombre nails from a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a planned look... it just sort of evolved. I started out with plain gold nails using Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish in Gilty Pleasure. Then I suddenly got the idea to do the ombre look using Essie Nail Polish in Licorice sponged on with a disposable eyeshadow applicator. And since I'm never ever satisfied, I topped it off with a coat of China Glaze Matte Magic and ta dah! Fierce gold and black nails.




I really like the ombre look because it's so quick and easy but still packs a punch. People always notice them and I get a lot of compliments or questions on how in the world I did it. So, do you like the ombre look and what are your favorite color combinations?


Thanks for reading!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Homeschooling Advice You Really Need To Know About

    Homeschooling is a serious decision that millions of parents make every year. It is not easy to replace what traditional schools offer, satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta king
    play bazaar but it can be done successfully. It takes commitment, discipline and attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete